Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Haven Home!
The Haven Home welcomes individual volunteers, civic and church groups and corporate days of service. In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, all volunteers must complete a volunteer application prior to service. If you are unable to download the application, please contact our office. We’re happy to email or mail the application to you.
- Please be respectful of others and do not tamper with others’ personal belongings
- Our staff and volunteers cannot watch or be responsible for children as staff is involved in client care and service.
- Children and Youth must stay within designated service areas of campus, with adult supervision at all times.
- Be respectful of those who are working, studying or sleeping; while inside please walk and talk softly.
- Follow the instructions of staff members and your group leaders.
- Keep track of all group members and/or children.
- Make members of your group aware that they should not leave designated areas.
- Remind members that members should always be with the group and no one is to be alone with any person of the opposite gender.
- Let group members know the importance of washing hands, wearing gloves and wearing head coverings while handling food.
The Haven Home is a faith-based ministry. For this reason, we enforce a number of clothing standards for our staff, residents and volunteers.
- Clothing must be modest, loose fitting and appropriate for the assigned task. Please refrain from wearing spaghetti strap, tank tops, shorts that come above mid-thigh, anything revealing undergarments and low cut neck tops.
- Undergarments must be worn.
- Clothing must be free of obscene or offensive pictures, language or advertisements. Also, clothing must not depict or promote drugs, alcohol or the use of those items.
- The Haven Home is a non-smoking facility. All smoking should be done in designated areas.
- Shoes must be worn at all times and should be appropriate for the assigned tasks.
- Abusive language, profanity, arguing and fighting are all strictly prohibited.
- Drugs and alcohol are prohibited.
- For your safety and the safety of others, Horseplay is prohibited.